Organizing Grocery Bags

10:06 AM

Somewhere along in my previous post I had mentioned am an organizing freak. And love to have things in order as well as easy accessible too, not the next time you search for something, you end pulling out every single item from its place!

One of the things that keeps forever increasing is the grocery bag, it never decreases for every one bag that goes out another 10 is replaced, the only usage for is in here for now is as liner for my dust bin. When going on grocery shopping I mostly like to use my own bag, but sometimes we end having items more than, that could fill my own bag. I just hate seeing these plastic bags increasing. But what to do I have stack overflow (too much software developing gone into head :D) of the bags in my kitchen, that each time I enter I just go crazy and so they are well hidden behind my kitchen door, maybe by time it would have all gone!!! 

The ever growing grocery bags in the basket,in a bag...and anywhere else you can find!!

I always wanted to organize these bags the like how the tissues are packed in there boxes, one you take out one the other appears up ready to pull out, but never got the hang of to do it with the grocery bag, until I found a beautiful tutorial on to fold them like that. Was I happy girl then.

I pulled out my IKEA grocery bag from behind the kitchen door, emptied its content on to the floor. My lil princess was like O.O, is it raining grocery bags in here :D!!

Take the bags and flatten them out pushing all the air out. 

Fold them in half again pressing all the air out, make sure you flush the air really out or you'll have puffed balloons each time your role!!

Fold the first bag’s handle upward.  This will be your middle and the first bag you pull out of the container.  All the other bags will be connected to this first one. Tightly roll up your bag tucking in the new handles as when you reach almost 3/4th of the 1st bag making sure that the handles overlap onto the top of the previous bag..

So after hours of laboring, yes I would call like that it took me more than 2 hours and more than one hundred bags to roll up all the singles grocery bag lying around in my kitchen and inserted into the basket.

Its now easily accessible and my basket looks neater and emptier too!! Now I know how to organize my grocery bags after the monthly shopping :)!!

Till next time...


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

Craft (29) Recycle (24) Recipe (20) Family (17) Thought (17) Tutorial (15) quilling (15) Ramadan (14) Baking (12) Trips (11) Sew (10) Organizer (8) Dubai (6) Event (5) #Dubai (4) #UAE (4) Alphabet (4) Download (3) Eid (3) Makeover (3) Origami (3) UAE (3) Challenge (2) DIY (2) Guest Post (2) #AlqudraLake (1) #MiracleGarden (1) 3D quilling (1) Baby (1) Card (1) Pay It Forward (1)

Google+ Followers