Not So Yummy Rolls...

10:41 AM

Winter has not set in yet, but for some unknown reason I feel like it's already chilly! It's still hot and tiring but just cant get the chilly feeling outside my head! 
With the wintery feel, I always like baking, the sweet smell of baked cake or small buns are really irresistible! And off we went to our experimenting lab aka. The kitchen and wanted to try out mini rolls,
So here are the ingredients:

1 cup warm water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tbs. active dry yeast
1/4 cup sugar 
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour

And the method :
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.  In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm water, oil, yeast and sugar; let rest for 5-10 minutes or until frothy and bubbly.  With a dough hook, mix in salt, egg and 2 cups of flour until combined.  Add remaining 1/2 cup flour at a time (dough will be sticky). 


Shape the dough into small bun.  After shaped, place on lightly greased tray and let rest for 10 minutes.  

I had my little chef helping out in there with the rolling!!

Bake it in per heated oven for 30 mins and you're rolls are ready!
 Oh yeah I know my rolls didn't turn out well, there were some factors that mattered one of the my laziness :) to test the yeast whether it was active or not, I just wanted to bake the rolls thinking my ingredients were perfect! Alas the yeast disappointed me. The sugar was bit more, so it was sweeter than required. Although the rolls were edible but not fluffy and spongy, and doesn't melt easily! There were no air holes in either cos of the in activeness of the yeast! But my lil princess's liked the rolls and had it with a dash of melted butter on top of it! The lesson learned from here is that it's not always that things turn out perfect the way you like, but it will have its ups and downs and that's how life is!!

thinking of making donuts next, well That's it for now, till next time :)





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

Craft (29) Recycle (24) Recipe (20) Family (17) Thought (17) Tutorial (15) quilling (15) Ramadan (14) Baking (12) Trips (11) Sew (10) Organizer (8) Dubai (6) Event (5) #Dubai (4) #UAE (4) Alphabet (4) Download (3) Eid (3) Makeover (3) Origami (3) UAE (3) Challenge (2) DIY (2) Guest Post (2) #AlqudraLake (1) #MiracleGarden (1) 3D quilling (1) Baby (1) Card (1) Pay It Forward (1)

Google+ Followers