After Bath Wrap Around

7:47 AM

A sewing tutorial that is very very long over due, and recently I found its been staying in my drafts not published yet, a simple and easy way to turn a towel and some fabric into a stylish after bath wrap for you, your child, a friend, or family member.  It’s easy !

You'll need: A terry cloth and 1/2 yard of nice cotton fabric. Be absolutely sure the towel will wrap, and overlap, around the body, I made a small one for my lil princess.

Create pleat by cuttin 5 inch strip of fabric, fold fabric like a sandwich edge to edge,run strip of fabric through sewing machine and pinch pleat every inch. Attach pleat to the side of your wrap that will overlay and show on top. Or you can pinch and pleat while attaching to the wrap in one go like I did.

Measure the length for the straps then by folding it over, and with a simple seam, creating some straps for the shoulders and attach it to the wrap.

Here is the after bath wrap that I made for my lil princess, but ended up giving it as a gift for little cousin ^__^, hope you liked.

Linking up at these parties.









You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. visiting from craft o maniac monday. Great little present. I am sure it is well used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting by, oh sure they liked it a lot ^__^!

      Delete
  2. This is sooo sweet.. love the little ruffle.. what a great way to cover up! Hope you stop by and share with my Pink Hippo party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2013/04/pink-hippo-party-124.html
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sweet of you,oh sure will join you're party, thanks for the invitation

      Delete
  3. Awe, that turned out nicely. Great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's really sweet of you ^__^!

      Delete
  4. How cute! And its nice that it hangs on so it doesn't slip off while moving around the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes and they can dance and play in it too till they remember to get dressed :D!!

      Delete
  5. Cool... I like the fabric used for ruffle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh.. thats so lovely.. I like the colourful ruffles.. and how easy it looks to slip on... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that looks super easy to make. I will make one for myself now and save the idea for my daughter when she outgrows her baby towels.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Craft (29) Recycle (24) Recipe (20) Family (17) Thought (17) Tutorial (15) quilling (15) Ramadan (14) Baking (12) Trips (11) Sew (10) Organizer (8) Dubai (6) Event (5) #Dubai (4) #UAE (4) Alphabet (4) Download (3) Eid (3) Makeover (3) Origami (3) UAE (3) Challenge (2) DIY (2) Guest Post (2) #AlqudraLake (1) #MiracleGarden (1) 3D quilling (1) Baby (1) Card (1) Pay It Forward (1)

Google+ Followers